Recognize the risk of diabetes early!
Type 2 diabetes is a dangerous and insidious epidemic. According to the WHO, around 8 million people in Germany suffered from diabetes in 2006. The number of sick people is steadily increasing! According to Prof. Hauner (Technical University of Munich), the number of diabetics increased by 54% in the short period from 1988 to 2004.
More and more young people are affected. The very high number of unreported cases is also alarming. According to calculations by Prof. Hauner, “around 10 percent of all Germans, this corresponds to around 8 million people, are likely to suffer from diabetes mellitus.” (Hans Hauner: Diabetes epidemic and unreported numbers. In: German Health Report Diabetes 2003, p. 8).
Every third person in Germany will develop this disease in the course of their life.
- New! More information on the NDP German Betachek webpage
- Basic information on diabetes mellitus , Wikipedia
- Diagnosis diabetes – information for diabetics
- Diabetes – Curado the portal for chronically ill people
- Diabetes Society
- German Diabetes Union eV German Diabetes Foundation
- Buy MedVec Betachek in internet pharmacies